Ellis Bros. Pecans, Inc. is a family owned and operated retail, wholesale, and mail order business. The original pecan grove was purchased in 1944 the late Marvin and Irene Ellis. The original grove is the site of the retail store and main operation center. The original pecan grove consisted of 60 acres of tree bearing nuts from the following five pecan varieties: Stuarts, Schleys, Moneymakers, Ally Desirables, and Nelsons. The farm at that time also included acres of peanuts and cotton.